Protect the Town, its resources, and its residents
in civil and criminal matters
On January 2, 2006, the Town changed from contracting legal services with an outside firm, to forming the in-house Department of Law and hiring Daniel J. Hochuli as Town Attorney and the head of this department. Since its incorporation the Town had used Mr. Hochuli’s services on a contract basis, so having him join the Town staff has proven to be a significant benefit to the Town. The Department of Law is broken into two major divisions, both of which are overseen by Mr. Hochuli: The Civil Division, which is handled by Mr. Hochuli and the Criminal Division, which is handled by Mrs. Silva.
Department of Law Statement:
The Department of Law will support the Town and the Town Council in keeping alive the traditions of the past, while carrying out the vision of the Town’s residents. The Department of Law will protect the Town, its residents, and its traditions by minimizing the Town’s legal liabilities. The Department of Law will diligently prosecute those who violate the legal protections that protect the Town and its residents, and work toward a swift and just end to those violations.
* username: justinshine
* title: Town of Sahuarita
* layout: bar
* bar background color: #F5B800
* bar background opacity: .9
* default services: email, favorites, facebook, twitter, linkedin, stumbleupon, tumblr
* exclude services: pimpthisblog
* disable personalization
* search domain: http://ci.sahuarita.az.us
* search url: http://ci.sahuarita.az.us/index.php/search?searchword=
* search label: Search ci.sahuarita.az.us